Man was targeted in deadly Eaton Centre shooting
Ahmed Hassan identified as victim who was killed
CBC News Posted: Jun 3, 2012 8:36 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 3, 2012 6:23 PM ET
A shooting at the Toronto Eaton Centre left one man dead on Saturday, June 2, 2012. Seven other people were injured in the shooting and its aftermath. (John Chidley-Hill/Canadian Press)
Toronto police say the shooting that left a man dead and six others wounded in the Eaton Centre food court was a targeted attack and investigators are trying to determine if it was gang-related.
Det. Sgt. Brian Borg told reporters that the shooting was reckless, but not directed at random targets, as Chief Bill Blair had previously said.
“Our investigation clearly suggests that this is a targeted shooting and not a random act of violence against the members of the general public,” Borg said during a Sunday afternoon news conference in Toronto.
Posted by CIReport.ca
on Jun 3, 2012 | 0 comments