Man charged with uttering threats prior to Toronto block party shooting
By The Canadian Press August 8, 2012
TORONTO – An 18-year-old has been charged with threatening to harm residents living on a northeast Toronto street prior to a public shooting that killed two people.
Toronto police Const. Wendy Drummond says it’s alleged the man made threats on the street the same day that gunfire erupted July 16 at the Danzig Street block party, killing two people and injuring nearly two dozen others.
Drummond says police have no current information placing the man at the scene of the shooting, or connecting a gun allegedly seized during his arrest with the block party incident.
Shaquan Mesquito faces charges of threatening to cause serious bodily harm.
He is the second person arrested as part of the investigation into the Danzig shooting.
Nahom Tsegazab, 19, was charged with reckless discharge of a firearm after his arrest last month.
Article posted in Crime, Crime (type), Crime by ethnicity, Guns/Shooting/Fatal shooting/Prohibited weapon, Non-European crime