3 brown suspects sought in connection with attempted murder at Scarborough pool hall

Suspects sought in connection with attempted murder at Scarborough pool hall

suspects, security, attempted murder
Codi Wilson, CP24.com
Published Tuesday, July 21, 2015 7:51AM EDT

Police have released security camera footage of three men wanted in connection with the attempted murder of a man at a Scarborough pool hall.

Police say on June 13 at around 1 a.m., a group of friends were at a pool hall in the area of Warden Avenue and Ellesmere Road when they were approached by a second group outside the building.

According to police, a dispute ensued and one man in the second group pepper-sprayed members of the first group. Police allege that the attack escalated when another member of the second group stabbed a man in the first group.

The second group reportedly fled in a white vehicle and a light-coloured vehicle.

The stabbing victim was rushed to hospital with injuries to his back, policy say.

The first suspect is described as a brown male with short black hair, a beard, and a tattoo on his left inside forearm. He was seen wearing a blue jacket with a white symbol on the rear.

The second suspect is described as a skinny, brown male with short, black hair and a beard. He was seen wearing a blue Adidas jacket with white stripes on the sleeves and light blue jeans.

The third suspect is said to be a heavy brown male with black hair, a beard, and tattoos on both forearms. He was seen wearing a khaki hoodie and khaki pants.

Police say the suspects are considered armed and dangerous and should not be approached if spotted.

Anyone with information is asked to contact investigators at 416-808-4100 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477).

VANCOUVER: Li Zhao charged in killing and dismembering Gang Yuan

Gang Yuan, dismembered millionaire, allegedly killed for his money

B.C. Supreme Court petition claims victim financially supported accused killer’s family

By Jason Proctor, CBC News Posted: May 20, 2015 5:55 PM PT Last Updated: May 21, 2015 8:44 AM PT

Dismembered millionaire allegedly killed for his money 2:29

A court battle has erupted over the estate of wealthy businessman Gang Yuan, whose dismembered body was found last month at an exclusive West Vancouver address.

Yuan’s brother, Qiang Yuan, has obtained a B.C. Supreme Court order giving him the go-ahead on behalf of Yuan’s estate to sue Li Zhao, the man charged with second-degree murder in Yuan’s death.

In an unusual press conference, the family’s lawyer claimed Yuan was supporting Zhao and his wife, who was allegedly seen driving the victim’s Bentley within days of his death.

“So the question arises, why would someone kill his benefactor?” said Chris Johnson, who represents the victim’s brother and speculated about the motivation for the murder.

“With the known facts, there is really only one conclusion: Mr. Zhao did this for financial reasons. He thought that he could get a free house. Not just any house, but a very valuable house in West Vancouver.”

TORONTO: Fatally shot Trevor Seraphine was from St. Lucia

  • Share on Facebook
  • Reddit this!
Police officers walk away from the apartment building where Trevor Seraphine, 16, was shot dead early Saturday morning.


Police officers walk away from the apartment building where Trevor Seraphine, 16, was shot dead early Saturday morning.

By:  Staff Reporter,  Staff Reporter, Published on Sat Mar 21 2015

A 16-year-old boy shot dead in front of an Etobicoke apartment building early Saturday morning is, according to a cousin, one of six siblings from St. Lucia whose parents are still in their island homeland.

Saturday morning, the glass entrance to 44 Willowridge Dr., the public housing building where Trevor Seraphine was fatally shot, was left riddled with four bullet holes.

Residents of the building recalled being awakened by the sound of gunshots, followed later by police sirens.

Police said the high school student was found shortly after 2 a.m. with life-threatening gunshot wounds, taken to hospital and later pronounced dead there.

Police said Trevor Seraphine, 16,  was found shortly after 2 a.m. at an apartment near Willowridge Rd. with apparent gunshot wounds.

 Police said Trevor Seraphine, 16, was found shortly after 2 a.m. at an apartment near Willowridge Rd. with apparent gunshot wounds.

Seraphine’s cousin Xabie Adjodha, 30, told the Star the boy was visiting an old girlfriend who lived in the building. He was supposed to sleep over at a nearby friend’s that night, but was unexpectedly kicked out.

Adjodha said she lived with Seraphine and his siblings across the street from the building he was shot outside for years, but they moved away recently because the area was getting “too dangerous.”

Their move came nearly eight years after Adjodha brought the siblings to Canada for a better life and to help raise Seraphine as one of her own.

“I was the one helping feed him and bringing him to school. I love this kid,” she said, before breaking down in tears. “I took them from their house and one of them died.”

As soon as she heard of his death, she said, she called Seraphine’s parents in St. Lucia. The news shook Seraphine’s mother, who “ran out of the house screaming and no one knew where she went.”

Adjodha said she is helping to arrange visas for the family to come to Canada to honour Seraphine at a funeral, for which she has started a crowdfunding campaign on gofundme.com.

She said she can’t believe someone would try to hurt her cousin, a boy she described as “always smiling.”

“He would give you that shy smirk,” she recalled, noting that he often made videos of himself rapping, but was too shy to show them off in person. “Everyone knew Trevor could make you happy or make you laugh.”

Most of his days were spent at North Albion Collegiate Institute, where Adjodha said he was a “quiet” student, who had big dreams of becoming an engineer.

Police release image of two suspects in Trevor Seraphine homicide

Seraphine, 17, was shot multiple times in Etobicoke on Saturday morning

CBC News Posted: Mar 22, 2015 2:29 PM ET Last Updated: Mar 23, 2015 11:58 AM ET

Trevor Seraphine, 17, was shot and killed in Toronto early on March 21, 2015.Trevor Seraphine, 17, was shot and killed in Toronto early on March 21, 2015. (Facebook)

Investigators have released an image of two suspects sought in the killing of a Toronto high-school student in Etobicoke this weekend.

Toronto police were called to the scene of a shooting outside 44 Willowridge Rd., just after 2 a.m. on Saturday.

OTTAWA: Nabil Benhsaien accused of attacking five women with a hammer charged with five counts each of attempted murder

Accused in Ottawa hammer attacks convicted of flashing

Published on: March 16, 2015
Last Updated: March 16, 2015 3:16 PM EDT

Nabil Benhsaien has admitted flashing two men. But he’s facing more serious charges in hammer attacks against several women.Laurie Foster-MacLeod / Ottawa Citizen

A 37-year-old man accused of attacking five women with a hammer has been found guilty of flashing two men who tried to stop him from slashing tires.

On Oct. 1, 2013, Nabil Benhsaien pulled down his pants on Alpine Avenue and exposed his penis to two witnesses who followed him on foot after the tires on two vehicles were slashed.

One of the witnesses snapped a picture of Benhsaien as he flashed them before continuing to walk away.

Benhsaien was arrested a short time later and charged with mischief and committing an indecent act on Oct. 1, 2013.

He was released by a police officer on the scene on a promise to appear in court.

Benhsaien also faces charges in five hammer attacks dating back to 2010. He was charged with five counts each of attempted murder, aggravated assault, assault with a weapon, criminal negligence causing bodily harm, and possession of a weapon.

Afghani Johra Kaleki guilty in attempted honour killing of her 19-year-old daughter

Kaleki stabbed her daughter in the head at the family’s Montreal-area home

CBC News Posted: Mar 10, 2015 3:07 PM ET Last Updated: Mar 10, 2015 4:10 PM ET

Johra Kaleki, 42, has been found guilty of the attempted murder of her daughter.

The incident happened in June 2010 at the family home in Dorval.

Kaleki’s daughter,  Bahar Ebrahimi , then 19 years old, had gone out with friends to a nightclub.

When she returned, after midnight, her mother attacked her with a meat cleaver.

Ibrahimi suffered serious injuries in the attack.

Kaleki had been sent to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation at the defence’s request but was declared fit to stand trial.

On Tuesday, Quebec Court Judge Yves Paradis concluded Kaleki was not suffering from a psychotic episode and said there is “no doubt” she intended to kill her daughter.

“It is clear Mrs. Kaleki knew not only that her actions were contrary to law but also that they were morally wrong according to the standard of the ordinary person,” Paradis wrote in his decision.

“There is no doubt that her intention was to kill the victim.”

Kaleki did not react to the guilty verdict.

She was accompanied by her husband and the victim, her daughter.

Bahar Ebrahimi left the court room as soon as the judgment was read out.

Kaleki will remain out on bail until her sentence is handed down.


More on the case