TORONTO: Pakistani Mohammed Aqeeq Ansari to be deported, Jahanzeb Malik in custody

Pakistani immigrant declared security threat, to be deported, while another ordered back into custody

 | May 11, 2015 10:09 PM ET More from Stewart Bell | @StewartBellNP
Jahanzeb Malik, 33, making an appearance at the Immigration Refugee Board hearing in Toronto on Monday.

Stewart Bell/National Post
Jahanzeb Malik, 33, making an appearance at the Immigration Refugee Board hearing in Toronto on Monday.

TORONTO — Mohammed Aqeeq Ansari stockpiled firearms, made trips to Pakistan to visit a cleric who fought “jihad” in Afghanistan and wrote provocatively about his beliefs on the Internet. His Facebook page showed a Toronto bank tower and the caption: “If I only had a plane.”

In a decision announced Monday, the Immigration & Refugee Board found that Ansari was a member of a terrorist organization and a danger to Canada’s security. It ordered him deported to Pakistan, the country he left when he came to Toronto as an immigrant eight years ago.

Anna Pape, the IRB spokeswoman, confirmed the decision but said a written ruling explaining the reasons was not yet available, although it was expected any day. “This is all the information available at the moment,” she said.

Ansari’s lawyer, Derek Lee, could not be reached for comment.

Stewart Bell/National PostMalik is being held in custody in Lindsay, Ontario

Meanwhile, another Pakistani citizen arrested in Toronto, Jahanzeb Malik, was ordered to remain in custody because of the threat he posed to Canadians. A hearing on whether to deport him for allegedly plotting to bomb the United States consulate in Toronto was to begin Tuesday.

Ottawa police say 11 women will be deported after human trafficking investigation into commercial massage parlours and body rub facilities

Canada Border Services Agency to deport women working in Canada without a valid permit

CBC News Posted: May 08, 2015 3:23 PM ET Last Updated: May 08, 2015 3:26 PM ET

Ottawa police say 11 women will be deported after a human trafficking investigation into commercial massage parlours and body rub facilities.

Police say they investigated 20 locations from April 27 to 29 resulting in 11 bylaw charges for improper licensing.

Canada Border Services Agency also detained 11 women for immigration-related matters who appeared for admissibility and detention hearings last week.

Removal orders were then issued for each woman.

All 11 were found to be working without a valid work permit, police said.

No criminal charges were laid but police said the border services investigation continues, which could spark more charges.

Ottawa police also said additional investigations were launched after the three-day bust.

Pakistani Jahanzeb Malik accused of planning to bomb U.S. Consulate and other buildings in downtown Toronto

Showed ISIS beheading videos to undercover RCMP officer, CBSA alleges

CBC News Posted: Mar 11, 2015 1:53 PM ET Last Updated: Mar 11, 2015 9:40 PM ET

Canadian security officials are moving to deport to Pakistan Jahanzeb Malik, who they allege was planning to bomb the U.S. Consulate and other buildings in downtown Toronto. (Evan Mitsui/CBC)

A Pakistani man planned to use remote-controlled bombs to blow up the U.S. Consulate and other buildings in Toronto’s financial district, authorities said on Wednesday.

Jahanzeb Malik, 33, was arrested on Monday following a lengthy investigation by security and anti-terrorism personnel, said the Canada Border Services Agency. He has not been charged and the allegations have not been proven.

Malik was ordered held in custody on “security grounds” pending deportation following an Immigration and Refugee Board hearing on Wednesday. He appeared via video link from Lindsay, Ont.

MISSISSAUGA: Marilyn Ely Reid facing deportation to Venezuela

Jan 29, 2015 |

‘Nurse’ who used caulking gun to inject silicone into women’s buttocks facing deportation

Marilyn Ely Reid

Marilyn Ely Reid, 48, originally from Venezuela, pleaded guilty to eight counts of aggravated assault.

Mississauga News

MISSISSAUGA — A Newmarket woman who injected silicone into the buttocks of several Peel women using a syringe and a caulking gun, causing many of them to develop severe infections and disfigurement, is facing 10 years in jail and deportation after pleading guilty to eight counts of aggravated assault.

Marilyn Ely Reid, 48, originally from Venezuela, pleaded guilty earlier this month. She was arrested in November 2012 after a 28-year-old Brampton woman fell ill after receiving alleged Botox injections. Police said the woman underwent surgery to have the substance removed. Others experienced disfigurement and developed serious infections, court heard.

A Mississauga woman — who cannot be identified along with the other victims due to a publication ban — is still unable to sit down, defence lawyer Calvin Barry said.

Reid operated a website advertising “buttock, lip and muscle augmentations” as well as Botox, Crown prosecutor Allison MacPherson told the court.

Reid, who is not licensed as a nurse or a doctor in Ontario, assured her customers she had medical training, telling some she was a nurse who trained in Europe or South America, and others that she had been a doctor or plastic surgeon in Spain.

Solidarity Across Borders Denounces Deportation of Roma Family to Hungary

Solidarity Across Borders Denounces Deportation of Roma Family to Hungary 

Anasztazia Szilagyi, husband Dezso Nemeth, and their two children Mark (21) and Mercedesz (10) will be deported this evening back to Hungary where they face neo-Nazi violence.

Their request for a stay of deportation was refused by the Federal Court’s Justice Locke this morning, less than twelve hours before the family is scheduled to be deported.

Yesterday marked the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, where approximately 23,000 Roma were systematically massacred, out of a total of 500,000 Roma murdered from 1939 to 1945 in Europe. The same racist violence that lead to these events, using the same symbols and language, is on the rise again today in Hungary. The Nemeth family came to Canada in 2011, fleeing this anti-Roma violence that they had personally experienced.

Canadian lenience in Nigerian scam: Chijioke Samuel Frank and Emmanuel Asuquo fraudsters asked to leave Canada

 BY HANNAH SPRAY, THE STARPHOENIX DECEMBER 9, 2014
 Two Nigerian men caught with numerous fake identity documents have one main condition to follow on their sentences: get out of Canada as soon as possible.

Chijioke Samuel Frank, 25, and Emmanuel Asuquo, 23, pleaded guilty Monday in Saskatoon Court of Queen’s Bench to possessing other people’s ID with the intent to commit fraud.