CBC News Posted: Aug 02, 2014 8:50 AM ET Last Updated: Aug 02, 2014 10:52 AM ET
Reputed gang leader Ducarme Joseph was fatally shot in the Saint-Michel neighbourhood last night.
Joseph, 46, was found in the middle of a street around 10:15 p.m., near the corner of Saint-Michel Boulevard and Michel-Ange Street.
Officers and paramedics responded to the call, and Joseph was declared dead at the scene.
“Upon their arrival they found the body of a man in his 40s, with serious wounds to his upper body. We’re talking about gunshot wounds,” said Const. Francois Collard with the Montreal Police.
Collard said police have not made any arrests and have no suspects at this time.
Police analyst Stéphane Berthomet told Radio-Canada that more than one criminal organization could have reason to kill Joseph.
“All hypotheses are still open. There is the Mafia, the bikers, and other gangs. The possibilities are vast,” said Berthomet.
Toronto barber shooting: violent criminal pleads guilty
Published on Friday December 21, 2012
TORONTO POLICE PHOTO
Christopher Thompson, 35, was shot to death on Jan. 24, 2012 in the Malvern barber shop where he worked. Kevin Perez pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in his death.
A popular Toronto barber hit four times by a shotgun in his salon was killed in revenge for his refusing to pay for a broken, stolen laptop.
New details of the execution-style slaying of Christopher Thompson were released Friday as Kevin Perez, 28, pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder but guilty to second-degree murder.
Ex-boyfriend charged in shooting death of B.C. teen
Maple Batalia, 19, was shot to death last year
CBC News Posted: Dec 1, 2012 11:22 AM PT Last Updated: Dec 1, 2012 7:07 PM PT
The ex-boyfriend of a Surrey, B.C., teen gunned down last year has been charged in connection with her death, the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team announced Saturday.
Maple Batalia, 19, was shot in a parking lot at SFU’s Surrey campus on Sept. 28, 2011.
Gurjinder “Gary” Dhaliwal, 20, has been charged with first-degree murder. Gursimar Bedi, 22, has been charged with manslaughter and being an accessory after the fact.
Montreal mall shooting leaves one dead
9:52 pm, August 10th, 2012
A man has died following a shooting an an east-end Montreal shopping mall.
Witnesses heard gunfire erupt outside the Galeries D’Anjou at around 6:50 p.m. and cops arrived on the scene soon after.
Police found one man bleeding outside an restaurant in the mall’s parking lot. Paramedics tried to revive him, but he later died in hospital.
The shooting occurred the parking lot, but police found a second victim inside the restaurant where he had taken refuge.
Police spokesman Jean-Pierre Braban said he suffered injuries to his upper and lower body, but will survive.
Witnesses reported seeing two black men flee the scene. Both victims are known to police.
Cops have not said whether the shooters knew the victims, or speculated on a possible motive for the attack.