Category Archives: Non-white crime

TORONTO: Two men disguised in burkas rob jewellery store

Two men disguised in burkas rob Toronto jewellery store at gunpoint, hauling in $500K in merchandise

 | November 19, 2014 | Last Updated:Nov 19 6:54 PM ETMore from Josh Visser | @joshvisser

The robbery occurred Tuesday and was caught on camera.

TPSThe robbery occurred Tuesday and was caught on camera.

Toronto police are asking for the public’s assistance identifying two men who robbed a jewellery store last month while wearing burkas.

Edmond Bakos, the owner of the York Mills-Leslie Street-area Mona-Clara Jewellers, said he didn’t think twice about the people who walked into his store on OCt. 14 until one them produced a handgun and demanded jewellery in a distinctly masculine voice.

“Three seconds after they walked in, they pulled out a gun and said, ‘It’s a holdup,’” Bakos said.

While one suspect emptied a display of jewellery into his handbag, the second went with a female staff member to lock the entrance.

The pair got away with about $500,000 in jewellery during the five-minute holdup, Holdup squad Staff-Insp. Mike Earl told reporters Wednesday. The robbery took place at about 11 a.m., at a “busy” mall plaza, he said.

Bakos described the incident as traumatic.

Police are asking for the public’s assistance in finding the robbers. The first suspect is described as a black male, approximately 5”11 wearing black clothes.  The second suspect was also male, approximately 6”3 with no description of ethnicity. Continue reading

TORONTO: T’neal David Ayodeji-Dinnall charged in Canada’s Wonderland killing

Man charged in Canada’s Wonderland killing

The Canadian Press

Published 

Last updated 

An arrest has been made in an attack that left a man dead and another wounded at Canada’s Wonderland north of Toronto last month.

Police say they found the two male victims suffering from stab wounds in the early hours of Oct. 26.

One died at the scene, while the other was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Eighteen-year-old T’neal David Ayodeji-Dinnall of Toronto is charged with second-degree murder.

He is set to appear in Newmarket court today.

___________

Stabbing at Wonderland kills man, leaves another critical

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/stabbing-at-wonderland-kills-man-leaves-another-critical-1.2813619

 

VANCOUVER: Sketch of sex assault and stabbing suspect released

Police say a 35-year-old woman was dragged into car, stabbed and sexually assaulted Saturday night

Vancouver sex assault and stabbing: suspect sketch released

CBC News Posted: Oct 28, 2014 8:03 PM PT Last Updated: Oct 29, 2014 7:44 AM PT

Vancouver police have released a composite sketch of the man who allegedly dragged a 35-year-old woman into a car in an East Vancouver alley, then stabbed and sexually assaulted her.

The attack took place at around midnight on Saturday, when the woman was walking in the east lane of Joyce Street near Archimedes Street, a few blocks south of the Joyce-Collingwood SkyTrain station.

She was approached by a man in an older-model dark bluish-green minivan that has tinted side windows and a sliding door on the passenger side.

Police say the man grabbed her and dragged her into the minivan, drove to an area near East 45th Avenue and Rupert Street, and then stabbed her and assaulted her.

“The victim managed to scream and fight off her attacker, but not before receiving serious injuries,” said Vancouver Police Department​ Const. Brian Montague.

The woman was released from hospital on Monday, police said.

VPD investigators believe the man responsible for the attack is in his mid-to-late-40s, possibly Middle Eastern, with an olive skin tone and a heavy, solid build. Interviews with the victim and other witnesses put him at six feet to six feet two inches tall and weighing 250 pounds.

Police say the suspect spoke with an accent and is believed to be balding, with a short, shaved fringe of black hair around the sides and back of his head.

Officers say they have received some tips from the public, but believe others must have seen or heard something in either of those locationsand are asking for those witnesses — including at least two drivers who went by East 45th Avenue near Rupert Street at around the time of the assault — to come forward.

Police are asking anyone who may know or have seen anything to contact the Vancouver Sex Crimes Unit at 604-717-0601.

ETOBICOKE: Anieph Fitzroy Burton and Jehanneiry Beaton arrested in string of break ins and sexual assaults

Watch the extended video as police discuss a pair of arrests in an investigation into a rash of break and enters in Etobicoke.
Chris Fox, CP24.com 
Published Friday, October 31, 2014 6:12AM EDT
Last Updated Friday, October 31, 2014 12:38PM EDT

Police say they have arrested a “serial predator” who broke into 59 homes in the Etobicoke area over the last three years and on a number of occasions sexually assaulted women who were sleeping inside.

The suspect’s wife is also facing seven charges in connection with the investigation.

The incidents have taken place in the early morning hours in the eastern and central Etobicoke areas with a large number of them clustered between Bloor Street to the north, The Queensway to the south, Islington Avenue to the west and Royal York Road to the east.

Anieph Fitzroy Burton

Anieph Fitzroy Burton is shown in a handout photo. Burton is facing 95 charges in connection with a string of Etobicoke break ins and sexual assaults. (Toronto Police)

Though the break-ins have taken place in a period spanning from August, 2011 to August 2014, police say they usually took place in bunches with the suspect often targeting a number of homes in the same neighbourhood.

On one such spree on Sept. 7, 2012 the masked suspect allegedly broke into a home near Bloor Street and Islington Avenue at around 3:10 a.m. and sexually assaulted a sleeping 62-year-old woman before fleeing on foot. About 30 minutes later a man matching the same description allegedly broke into a home near Royal York Road and The Queensway and proceeded to sexually assault a 70-year-old woman asleep inside.

(…)

Though many of the victims were alone at the time, others were home with their partners or other family members, leading police to believe that single women were not targeted and that the break ins and sexual assaults were “sometimes a crime of opportunity,” Beaven-Desjardins said.

The arrest of the suspect on Wednesday follows an “exhaustive investigation” and several close calls where the suspect was pursued by officers but not apprehended.

Speaking with reporters on Friday, Beaven-Desjardins said that it is “possible” that the suspect’s wife aided him in fleeing the scene of some of the break-and-enters.

Anieph Fitzroy Burton, 32, of Toronto, was arrested on Wednesday and charged with 95 offences, including 11 counts of sexual assaults, three counts of overcoming resistance by choking, one count of sexual assault causing bodily harm and four counts of assault.

Burton’s wife, 31-year-old Jehanneiry Beaton, was also arrested on Wednesday and charged with six counts of break-and-enter and one count of break-and-enter with intent.

Police say they believe there could be additional victims out there.

“There may be many more victims both in Toronto and across our border into Peel Region,” Beaven-Desjardins said. “We encourage the public to come forth and report any incidents related to this.”

Remember for instant breaking news follow @cp24 on Twitter.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/police-arrest-man-in-string-of-break-ins-and-sexual-assaults-wife-also-facing-charges-1.2080413#ixzz3HkAyKJen

WINDSOR/BRAMPTON: Kevin Nyandu and Shadrack Amankwa charged in shooting of security guard at Boom Boom Room

Brampton pair arrested after security guard shot at nightclub

 Brampton Guardian

WINDSOR — Two Brampton men have been arrested and charged in a shooting of a security guard at a downtown Windsor nightclub Sunday.

Windsor police say two suspects were spotted running away from the downtown area following the 2:40 a.m. shooting that left the 20-year-old male security guard recovering in hospital.

Two men were arrested and a handgun and small amount of marijuana were seized, according to police.

Kevin Nyandu, 20, of Brampton has been charged with attempted murder, careless use of a firearm and drug possession.

Shadrack Amankwa, 24, of Brampton is charged with being an accessory to attempted murder, prohibited possession of a firearm and carless use of a firearm.

The shooting happened at The Boom Boom Room on Ouellete Avenue in Windsor.

The victim underwent surgery and was reported in serious but stable condition in hospital.

BURNABY, B.C.: 16-year-old Surrey male accused of gunning down Aladdin Ramadan near Brentwood Mall

Teen charged with fatal shooting near Brentwood Mall

Read more: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/teen-charged-with-fatal-shooting-near-brentwood-mall-1.2038084#ixzz3FHzV4vTD

CTV Vancouver
Published Friday, October 3, 2014 11:03AM PDT
Last Updated Friday, October 3, 2014 8:06PM PDT

The teen facing charges for a fatal shooting near a Burnaby mall was carrying a loaded handgun at the time of his arrest, say homicide investigators.

The 16-year-old, who cannot be named because of his age, is accused of gunning down Aladdin Ramadan last week.

The body of the 20-year-old was found in front of a black Infiniti G37 near the intersection of Lougheed Highway and Rosser Avenue, close to Brentwood Mall, and residents reported hearing three shots in quick succession.

 The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team says the suspect was taken into custody in Surrey Thursday night, with help from the Burnaby RCMP and a tactical team.

Charges of second-degree murder have been approved, says IHIT.

Read more: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/teen-charged-with-fatal-shooting-near-brentwood-mall-1.2038084#ixzz3FHyqXKKk

______________

http://www.darpanmagazine.com/news/national/aladdin-ramadan-homicide-surrey-teen-charged-with-seconddegree-murder/

TORONTO: Paedophile Ryan Belbin convicted of abducting, assaulting 4-year-old Jewish girl

Man convicted of abducting, assaulting 4-year-old girl
BY , TORONTO SUN

FIRST POSTED: | UPDATED: 

Ryan Belbin

Ryan Belbin. (TORONTO POLICE PHOTO)

TORONTO - A man who snuck into an unlocked home, abducted a four-year-old girl from her bed and sexually assaulted her on Boxing Day 2011, was found guilty of all charges Thursday.

Ryan Belbin — who had no prior criminal convictions — snatched the sleeping girl at 3 a.m., stripped her naked and was “hunkering over” the child in a North York backyard when the panicked victim’s father discovered the horrifying sight, Justice Nola Garton said in a written judgment.

Belbin, 30, will be sentenced for breaking and entering, abduction of a minor, sexual assault and sexual interference on Nov. 27.

Garton found that the alternative suspects suggested by defence lawyer Jennifer Penman — the victim’s father and another neighbour — weren’t the culprits and Crown attorney Sheila Cressman proved Belbin was the offender.

(…)

The judge found that Belbin stopped his attack when the victim’s father screamed. Belbin then sprinted eastbound in the Bathurst-Wilson area.

The hysterical father cradled his child in his arms and returned to his parents’ home — where the family was visiting from Connecticut.

Belbin’s DNA was found on the victim’s pyjamas but it couldn’t be determined what “particular bodily fluid was the source,” said Garton.

Penman argued that Belbin’s DNA — either from spit or urine on the ground — could have been innocently transferred on to the clothing during the assault.

Belbin, who lived in close proximity to the victim’s relatives, delivered newspapers in the area until two weeks before the incident.

___________

http://www.cireport.ca/2011/12/4-year-old-jewish-girl-released-from-hospital-after-being-raped.html

NORTH YORK: RAPED 4-YEAR-OLD JEWISH GIRL RELEASED FROM HOSPITAL

4-year-old sexual assault victim released from hospital
Published 1 hour 16 minutes ago
Josh Tapper

Staff Reporter

A 4-year-old girl abducted from a north Toronto home and sexually assaulted was released from hospital on Tuesday.

The girl, who was visiting with family from Connecticut, was abducted early Monday morning from her grandparents’ home on Charleswood Dr., near Bathurst St. and Wilson Ave. While police released few details on the kidnapping or assault, a woman who identified herself as the girl’s grandmother said the ordeal “had a happy ending,” referring to her granddaughter’s discharge from hospital.

“By the grace of God,” she said, standing inside her doorway Tuesday morning.

As a cold rain drizzled outside, neighbours visited the house, which belongs to an orthodox Jewish family.

Police said a man grabbed the girl between 3 a.m. and 3:30 a.m. Monday. Family discovered the girl a short distance from the house “within minutes of the abduction and saw a man fleeing the scene,” police said.

Police did not confirm a sexual assault occurred until Monday evening.

The suspect is described as a white man, 19 or 20 years old, with an average build, between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-10. He was last seen wearing a blue jacket or sweatshirt, dark sweatpants or jeans and striped, bluish toque.

(…)

TORONTO: “I just want to bomb Canada”, Ali Shahi said on board of Sunwing flight 772

Kendra Mangione and Sonja Puzic, CTVNews.ca
Published Friday, July 25, 2014 10:23AM EDT
Last Updated Friday, July 25, 2014 8:48PM EDT

The father of a 25-year-old Canadian man whose alleged threats forced a Panama-bound plane to return to Toronto Friday says his son has mental health issues and is “not at fault” for what happened.

In a statement released Friday night, Sadegh Shahi said his son, Ali Shahi, has had “mental issues,” including depression, anorexia and bulimia since he was 16.

“I am sorry for what happened on the flight, but Ali is not at fault. I blame the police and health system,” Shahi said, adding that his son “never got the support that he needed.” Continue reading

BURNABY. B.C.: Hasibullah Yusufzai accused of terrorism

The Canadian Press
Published Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:52PM EDT

VANCOUVER — The RCMP has charged a British Columbia man for leaving Canada to take part in a terrorist activity.

The Integrated National Security Enforcement Team says 25-year-old Hasibullah Yusufzai of Burnaby is accused of committing an offence for the benefit of a terrorist group or was directed by or associated with such a group.

A police statement said the man left for Syria on Jan. 21.

(…)

A woman who answered the phone at Yusufzai’s home said he wasn’t there, then said she didn’t speak English.

(…)

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/british-columbia-man-faces-terror-charge-1.1928111#ixzz38JlVrR5e

TORONTO: Alhaji Kabba wanted in Kijiji beating

4 Held, Beaten, Threatened With Machete While Responding To Kijiji Ad

CBC  |  Posted: 07/19/2014 1:02 pm EDT  |  Updated: 07/19/2014 5:59 pm EDT

alhaji kabba kijiji beating

Police are searching for a man who forcibly held and beat four young people while threatening them with a machete after they met him in response to a Kijiji ad.

Police said an 18-year-old man, along with three friends, went to meet another man in the Jane Street and Grandravine Drive area about a car for sale on the website Kijiji on Monday, July 14.

It is alleged that the four met the man in an underground garage and were shown the car before being surrounded by a group men who appeared quite suddenly.

(…)

Alhaji Kabba, 18, of Toronto is wanted for:

- Robbery with a Firearm

- Forcible Confinement

- Extortion

- Assault with a Weapon

- Aggravated Assault

- Fail to Comply Recognizance

He is described as black, 6-1″, 180 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes. His photograph has been released and is shown above.

Police are urging the public to call 911 if they see him and not to approach the man as he is considered armed and dangerous.