An Ottawa doctor whose clinic was at the centre of an infection scare has agreed never to practice medicine again after the College of Physicians and Surgeons found her unprofessional and incompetent.
The College held a disciplinary hearing for Dr. Christiane Farazli on Thursday after dozens of patients also came forward to say that she had brutalized them during procedures, such as colonoscopies.
In reports submitted to the College’s discipline committee, Farazli’s former patients said they endured “unbearable pain” and “inadequate sedation” during procedures in her office. Another said Farazli enlisted the help of a visiting sales rep during a procedure when her nurse failed to show up for work. Continue reading
Message from Dan Murray
Our plan is to arrive at this picket as members of the opposition. Our message will be simple and clear: “Canadian Workers Come First!”.
If you agree with our message and want to actually do something that will help impact change, this is your opportunity!
Please meet us at:
Scotiabank (corner of Bloor St W. & Spadina), 11:30 AM ’sharp’.
Please look out for the IWC sign.
Once we are all gathered together, we will proceed to march to the headquarters of the Canada Food and Restaurants Association (which is about a block away).
We should be there no longer than 1 hour.
*Please bring signs*.
Any questions can be directed to Dan Murray via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/
Support from Canada could help Cambodian boy become a doctor
When Canadian toxicologist Andrea Wong spent a month in Asia, including Cambodia, she already had a connection to the country through 11-year-old Bros Pich, whose name means “diamond boy.” Wong had been sponsoring him for seven years through World Vision. Continue reading
Recent media coverage has had ‘huge influence on public perception’
BY DENISE RYAN, VANCOUVER SUN MAY 12, 2014
The Insights West survey, which polled 824 British Columbians over the age of 18, showed that only four per cent would keep the program as it is with no change. Continue reading
Ottawa has quietly made massive changes to our immigration policy as if those changes have nothing to do with the kind of society Canadians want to build for the future.
The Harper government won’t say how many Filipinos applying for promised “fast track” visas after Typhoon Haiyan were turned down — or how long the processing took.
In the devastating aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan, the Canadian government touted a promise to fast-track visa applications for Filipinos “significantly and personally affected” by the deadly superstorm.
Six months later, Citizenship and Immigration Canada is keeping information on how the special measures fared secret.
The government will say only that roughly 1,100 applications have been approved; officials won’t reveal how many typhoon victims applied, how many were rejected and how long it took to process the emergency claims.
Immigration has ignored the Toronto Star’s repeated requests for this information over the past two weeks.
“I cannot think of any reason why they would not answer this question,” said Duff Conacher, co-founder of Democracy Watch, an organization that advocates for a more open and accountable government. Continue reading
Positive news was announced for all who are interested in migrating to the French-speaking province of Quebec, Canada. Three of its popular immigration programmes will accept new applications this year.
The three programmes are the Quebec Skilled Worker Programme (QSWP), The Investor Programme (IP)and the Entrepreneur Programme (EP).
Quebec Skilled Workers Programme
With immediate effect, the QSWP programme has been extended to laud in another application year starting from April 1st, 2014. From this date to March 31st, 2015, 6500 applications will be accepted for review, committed the Government of Quebec. Continue reading
PRESS RELEASE –
PICKET AGAINST ISLAMIC PRAYERS IN SECULAR TORONTO SCHOOL
SIGNED : CANADIANS UNITED AGAINST TERROR
Canadians United against Terror is pleased to announce a series of national events to coincide with our support for the proposed Quebec Values Charter.
Our first major event of 2014 will be a picket in front of VALLEY PARK HIGH SCHOOL in Toronto to oppose Islamic prayers and gender apartheid in that publicly funded secular school.
At the same time our Quebec and Atlantic Canada branches will be staging rallies.
We are a grassroots national movement to oppose the intrusion of fundamentalist religious ideologies into our society, with special focus on those that violate our norms of gender equity and other cherished values.
We support the proposed Quebec Values Charter and will lobby to have similar legislation implemented across the nation. We have assembled a national team of prominent leaders to achieve this.
We shall shortly announce a date for the Toronto VALLEY PARK HIGH SCHOOL PICKET. There will be simultaneous rallies in Montreal and Halifax.
Dr Bikram Lamba (National Spokesman, Ontario Regional Leader)
Andre Drouin (Quebec Regional Leader)
Michele Walsh (Atlantic Canada Regional Leader)
Swiss nationalists want swift action on immigration limits
Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/swiss-nationalists-want-swift-action-on-immigration-limits-1.1688841#ixzz2tXp2g6ut
Published Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:30AM EST
GENEVA — The nationalist Swiss People’s Party called Sunday for swift action to prevent a mass influx of foreigners to Switzerland this summer, when a temporary limit on immigration from eight Eastern European countries expires.
The demand comes a week after Swiss voters narrowly backed the party’s plan to cap immigration for all types of foreigners, including those from the European Union, within three years. Continue reading